Monday, October 17, 2011

Une laverie parisienne


During my three years living in Paris, I used to take nightly walks all the time. Mostly on le rive gauche in residential areas of the 13th, 14th, 15th arrondissements. I used to cross le pont de Mirabeau into the 16th too. I guess I liked the tranquillité that these arrondissements had at night time. I must have walked past many laveries on these walks. Even if they were closed, their lights always seemed to remain on as if they were still open. It was on one of these walks two years ago this month that I took the photo of this laverie on rue de l'amiral roussin in the 15th. I lived on rue de l'amiral roussin and used to walk past this laverie every time on my way to the metro (Emile Zola). I never went there for my laundry (I had a machine at my place) but I will never forget passing the laverie on my nightly walks and seeing it empty on the inside with its lights on. In the darkness of the night, it was one of the very few buildings on the block so brightly lit on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment