Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cathedral Clouds



A few weeks ago, I took a late afternoon walk near the Washington National Cathedral. It was one of those days where the sun would constantly disappear behind and reappear from the clouds. I have already photographed the Washington National Cathedral on various occasions in the past. This time around though I wanted to capture the formation of the clouds in the sky above the Washington National Cathedral. Such formations come and go and were worth capturing. Here are some of the photos I took that evening.



 

While I was there, I discovered a spiderweb hanging from two bushes that were several feet away from each other. If fact, the distance between the bushes was large enough that you could easily walk into the spiderweb if you were unaware of its existence. The spider was at the center of the web surrounded by tiny insects that must have flown into the web.




This was my first time photographing the National Cathedral since the earthquake that hit the Washington, DC last August. The Cathedral had suffered some damage during the earthquake, notably on three of the spires in its rear tower. Work to repair the spires is currently underway as you can see from the beams situated on opposite sides of each spire. The reparation of the damages may last a decade according the articles that I have read.


No comments:

Post a Comment