Monday, September 19, 2011

Adams Morgan Day Festival




Adams Morgan Day Festival, a set on Flickr.
On the afternoon of September 11th, I attended the Adams Morgan Day Festival in DC. I want this set to reflect not only the sights of the festival but also a little bit of the Adam's Morgan quartier of DC including its habitants and establishments.

Anyways, the festival had music and dance performances, ethnic and American style food, and a number of stands selling arts and crafts. Being a warm sunny day DC, there was plenty of people at the festival, although the number of people who attended seemed to grow later on in the afternoon. Here are just some random details I remember from the festival. I remember seeing a lot of red balloons. Someone must have been giving them away. The karaoke singers seemed to be having a fun time. There was a police officer who sang the Frank Sinatra song "New York New York." The Brazilian style dancing was fun to watch as was the African dance music concert. Last year I missed the festival as I was out of town so it was nice to make it this year. I had a real fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment