Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Fall Commute at the Van Ness Station


This post is related to my last one. Yes it is fall and people are catching the metro at the Van Ness Station to head downtown to work. Many even stop by the Starbucks right next to the station for a morning coffee. The Van Ness station is the furthest stop north on la grande avenue de Connecticut. For those who live too far up Connecticut Avenue and therefore not within relative walking distance of the Van Ness Metro Station, they get to the station via a local bus.

These photos were shot with my 50mm manual focus E series prime. It was the only lens I had with me. The last two shots are similar to the shot in my previous post. I stopped down the aperture to f/8 (from f/4 in the previous post) in order to better make out the commuters in the background. I was slightly off on the focus in the second to last shot. I ended up focusing on the back of the cup instead of the front. Manual focus with my 50 Series E on my D50 can be a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment