Saturday, April 2, 2011

West African Dancing at the Kennedy Center - Coyaba Youth Ensemble



Last Friday, I went to a free concert at the Kennedy Center that takes place everyday at 6PM. My next three blogs will be dedicated to this concert. For my first posting, I would like to talk about the first of the concert's two dance shows, the Coyaba Youth Ensemble. This dance show was based on traditional and contemporary west African dance.

The following photographers are from this show. They were taken with my fast telephoto lens, the nikkor 85mm f/1.8. Most shots were set at either at f/1.8 or f/2.0. Some are slightly cropped. I had sent the ISO value at 800, although I raised it to 1600 when I realized that I needed a faster shutter speed. Shooting fast subjects can be problematic in a lower light setting. Shutter speed matters in order to prevent too much blur, especially when using a telephone lens. It is preferable to shot in the shutter priority or full manual mode on your camera to better be able to manage the shutter speed.














No comments:

Post a Comment