Monday, April 18, 2011

The Arrival of Spring at the "Flagship House"

It has been about a month now since the arrival of spring. Washington can be a very pretty place in spring, certainly on the Mall at Tidal Basin with the Cherry Blossom trees. However, these beautiful trees can be found elsewhere in DC. Moreover, one can easily appreciate the beauty of springtime in Washington in other areas of the city such as the neighborhoods of Northwest. With that said, there is one street in my neighborhood of NW Washington with a house that I have admired since I moved back to DC. I call it the "flagship house". IMHO, this house has a certain character compared to other houses on the block. Such a character is further amplified by the changes of the seasons. I have photographed this house on a number of occasions throughout the year. However for this post I would like to show what the impact the season of spring has brought to this house in the evolution of one month. The first photo was taken on March 19 and the last photo was taken today, April 18th. All photos were taken with my Nikon 12-24mm lens with the aperture values between f/8-f/11.

3/19

3/26

4/1

4/3

4/4

4/6

4/11
4/15

4/18

No comments:

Post a Comment