Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day at Drummers Circle


There is a park in DC where people get together every Sunday during the warm seasons to play drums and dance. I went to this park on Sunday which was Mother's Day in the United States. This photo was shot with my dad's 30 year old Nikon FE that he gave me a few years ago. I rarely shot with film, but I had a role of Kodak Tri-X 400 speed black and white film that I needed to use up. Shooting with the FE can be challenging but fun. It doesn't have those automatic features on modern cameras. You have to manualy advance the film with every shot and of course you have to manual focus. However, the camera does have a larger and brighter viewfinder compared to my modern D7000. As a result. you feel closer to the subject when you shoot with the camera.

I used a 50mm lens to capture this photo. This leads me to mention another aspect that I like about shooting with my FE. A 50mm lens is a 50mm lens and not 75mm lens as it is on my D7000 due to the smaller size of this camera's sensor.

No comments:

Post a Comment