Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Hancock Sunset


In my last post, it was about a sunrise, for this posting it is all about a sunset... a late winter sunset.  I am really found of the late afternoon sunlight as it can lead to interesting shadows and silhouettes. This photo was taken on the last day of winter of 2011. I was out on the Mall when I captured the sun as it set behind the John Hancock Monument.  This shot was taken with my Nikon D50 which recently died after six years and more than 110k shutter actualizations (the camera was designed to work up to 50k).  This photo was shot as a JPEG and as a result, the photo has a few clipped portions in the shadow areas of the photo. Having better control of such clipped areas in post processing is one of the reasons why I now shot in RAW instead of JPEG format. For those who think the photo is still interesting thank you for not noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment