Monday, March 28, 2011

Chess Boards at Dupont Circle


In my last posting I talked about shooting on a cold morning in early spring with a bread and butter zoom. For this post I will talk about shooting on a hot September afternoon in early fall with some exotic primes. On this particular day, the 25 of September, the temperature reached into the low 90s in DC. It was definitely one of the last days in DC that temperature reached above the 90 degree mark in 2010. That day I was at Dupont Circle with my 50mm 1.2MF and 24mm 2.0MF lens. Both lenses have an ability at their focal lenses to produce a shallow depth of field when shot wide open. On such a hot day at Dupont you will find of course people playing chess on the chess board tables. Focusing more on the chess boards instead of the chess players, I went ahead and snapped away with these manual focus wonders. Perhaps I will come back next time and take pictures of the players.







No comments:

Post a Comment